I worked for multiple messaging companies from the year 2014 and I know how this works. My first advice is:
Never ever buy a service at cheaper rates!
Let’s get into the answer.
At the moment there are very few companies that are offering reliable messaging platform and API. But it’s hard to find out such companies on the Internet. Literally there are 1000’s of companies that offer bulk messaging services and rates themselves as top providers in the market.
With the increased competition and statistics, it has become difficult for end users to choose the right ones. So, thought of making myself useful.
What factors you must look into?
#1. Gateway infrastructure
Easy to integrate API’s-documentation, Simple and understandable User-Interface, Placement of application, Throughput rates, customization of templates, sender ID’s etc
Most of the customers asks me that your dashboard is not good, so simple and more features not available
I ask them what is the purpose of your using. Do you want more show off features to be appeared in your account or do you want your SMS delivered on- time.
I mean what’s the need to keep more options in the dashboard when there would be no use of them. Keeping the required features like Sending options via excel, notepad, Unicode messaging, Sender ID, API documentation, reports, profile settings, Groups & contacts are some important features that every customer requires
Believe me, aggregators and good providers keep their platform simple.
#2 Delivery time
There is no fixed standard frame for the delivery time. However, if it is a valid and reachable mobile number then average time of 3 to 15 seconds is considered to be the strong and high performance resource.
Sometimes it may take more time than this, actually the delivery time depends on receiver’s network strength. However, within 20 seconds is considered to be a good timing.
As a customer you should also look into a few technical errors to understand why your SMS has not delivered.
It could be MNP issue, blacklisted, network error, low coverage, spam, queued, unavailability of carrier, length of message and this list goes on. Remember, delivery is completely depends on two things: One is quality of SMS application-it’s server and second is operator procedures.
#3. Support level – SLA’s
Your issue/query should be solved on an average of 15–60 mins. Your vendor can be helpful to you at the time, when you really needed via chat/call/email).
I see the reviews over the Internet that most of the cheap service providers they don’t even pick your calls after the payment. Once you pay, you get an account to send SMS, that’s it! You don’t get support after that.
After reading such reviews few customers still purchases the service from them because of cheap pricing. And i’m sure they will lose their money and time.
#4. Network of vendor
Most of the top aggregators will be backed up with multiple MNO’s to support their customers in any possible way. It is always good to have backup, when needed.
We all know that at some point of time we have/had issues with some networks all the time. That’s how exactly it works in bulk messaging too. As a business owner, you might end up with wrong provider as a partner and screw your business.
I personally suggest you to never buy a product which is coming to you for cheaper rate compare to market standard rates. I’m sure you will end up with loss of money and waste of time. Same applies here, you will never get good delivery rates if you buy the sms@10 Paisa or 9 Paisa.
That’s all i wanna say about the pricing.
For example:- If someone is offering you the 1 Lakh SMS at 8,000 INR or 9,000 INR then i’m sure you won’t even get 40% delivery in your SMS campaigns. All you get is fake reports which shows you above 80% delivery percentage.
Believe me! This is true! I have faced such so here i’m stating my experiences.
These 5 factors are really important to look into and must be considered by any business or startup while choosing bulk messaging vendor. Also, you can look for few other factors like social responsibility, simplicity, risk and agility if necessary (as per your organization structure).
Mostly all the business companies require bulk SMS services to send updates to customers or vendors, also to promote products and services. Bulk SMS defined are of two types, Transactional SMS service and Promotional SMS service. Transactional SMS are used to deliver important information and alert notifications with customers and clients using sms alerts. Transactional sms mostly uses SMS API. Promotional SMS services are useful for advertising and promotion of products or services.
There are many Bulk SMS gateway service provider companies in India but to select best bulk sms service partner for your business, you must check-out for top bulk sms gateway based on important factors like
Service can be checked based on below points:
- SMS Delivery Speed: SMS Delivery is a measure of the percentage of outgoing SMS. There is no standard time frame for measuring SMS or text message but it should get delivered with in 2 to 10 seconds on a valid and reachable mobile number. If sms is not getting delivered in 15 seconds on valid number, You must re-considure before selecting that sms gateway provider.
- API Integration : Automation is most important thing to save time and cost. Also automation is important to avoid human errors. SMS APIs help business to automate messages sent to vendors or end-customers. SMS Gateway API must be simple, strong and easy to integrate.
- Web-interface: Since you are going to be using it on a regular basis, its really important that the solution in pretty intuitive and easy to use. A quick look at the website or web-interface which will give you a decent idea on how the good the solution is going to be.
- Delivery ratio: provider can play around with delivery percentages in order to have higher profits. Since people generally send messages in bulk, it becomes very tough to manually track the delivery and vendors take advantage of this. So please make sure that you get complete transparency around delivery statistics and sms delivery ratio is around 90% and it must be more then 96% delivery ratio on valid and reachable mobile numbers.
- SMS-Addon/Plugins: Its not easy to write code for all the actions, Some code must be re-usable. With e-commerce, there are some popular platforms like magento and woo commerce where it should be an option of extension and plugin to enable sms functionality. Also, SMS Gateway must have option to get integrate with other platforms like CRMs/ ERP and similar platforms to save integration time and cost.
- Security : SMS Gateway Interface should be secure enough and it should be ssl enabled user-interface to send sms. You can check this factor before selecting the sms gateway partner for your business.
- Pricing: Everyone likes save money and buy low cost product/service but Most of the time low cost does not come with high quality. Good quality items always have a good price.
- MobonAir Wireless Pvt Ltd – ISO 9001 – 2015 Certified sms provider that suggest you good sms package according to your need . MobonAir wireless always give priority to customer need types whether they are looking for transactional purpose or promotional sms . and as per their requirement they customize their sms packages . now a days this kind good customer support is very rare in sms market .
- Bulk SMS Service – Bulk SMS is a small and powerful application that enables users to send generic and customized SMS messages through their carrier network to contacts that are listed in a .csv or .txt input file. BulkSMS can serve for mass delivery of holiday greetings, as an efficient marketing tool and more.
- Textalert – India’s SMS API Provider at lowest price